How to Get Started with Kettlebell Training
Kettlebell training is one of the most effective workouts to incorporate into your exercise routine. For beginners, it will be nice to implement these tips to learn the basic techniques of kettlebell.
These tips aim to guide you during the workout in order to avoid injury as well. Since you are new to the game, it is advisable to go for 10-15 pounds kettlebell.
Kettlebell is a heavy metal ball with handle used in fitness training. It is small but heavy although you can easily move them from one place to another.
Moving kettlebell can help you shed off calories faster. It will also improve your heart rate as if you have run 100 meters race.
Kettle movement is an effective exercise especially when you use the one that is designed correctly.
It involves many joint movements and over 500 muscles at the same time. The more muscles that are involved in the exercise, the more calories and fat you will burn.
Kettlebell training can be a high-intensity exercise and can cause an after-burn effect. This implies that even as you have stopped the workout, your body will continue to burn fat.
Start with halo works
It is one of the easier kettlebell movements that also contract many muscles like deltoid and pectorals. These are the muscles at the upper arm that helps in lifting the weight behind your head.
It is very important to be more careful when you want to lift the kettlebell, hold the bell at the horn-like handle. Then, push it towards the ceiling and rotate the bell above your head.
During the movement ensure that
- The kettlebell is balanced in your two hands.
- Pull it close to your chest
- Move it in a circular motion around your head and lower it from one ear to the front of your chest.
- Your legs should be well balanced on the ground so as to support the back muscle during the training.
- Try and concentrate to avoid the weight falling off from your two hands.
Kettlebell Lunge Press
The kettlebell lunge press is one of the full-body strengthening exercises. It’s an easy workout routine that involves almost every part of your body.
These include the back, shoulders, legs, arms, glutes, and core, making it an effective strengthening exercise for full body.
It is advisable for a beginner to make the kettlebell lunge press movement without the weight before lifting the kettlebell.
The movement will help you to improve mobility your hips which is very good for general movement skills.
Kettlebell Lunge Press steps
- Ensure that your feet are balanced on the ground while you stand. Use your left hand to hold the bell.
- Place the bell at the back of your wrist, move your shoulder up a bit. This movement trains the shoulder, abs, and legs.
- Move your left foot back into a reverse lunge.
- Move forward to return to the starting position.
- Do at least 10-15 on one side and continue on the other side.
Do kettlebell rowing variation
This movement will not only improve mobility in your hips. It’s as well strengthening multiple muscles in your body such as posterior shoulder muscles, biceps, and grip, core, rhomboids as well as trapeziums muscles.
During kettlebell rowing movement your breathing may be the same. Try and hold your breath for a short time, as you row the kettlebell close to your body.
This movement is not too hard you can breathe in as you grow up and out and as you bring down the kettlebell.
Steps for kettlebell rowing exercise
- For a start use your right hand to hold the kettlebell
- Move your left foot in front of your right foot. This movement works abs, shoulder, upper back, and biceps.
- Bend the kettlebell in your wrist and pull it at a 45-degree angle to the ground. Keep your upper body straight.
- Pull the weight to your rib side.
- Pause and lower it again.
- Do it for 15 times and repeat it on the other side.
Kettlebell push press
In this movement, a little pause will help you to achieve the first part of the press. Try and practice the kettlebell push press correctly.
You can determine if you’re performing the kettlebell push press movement well when the bell pops out of the racked position.
- Stand and balance your legs
- Pull the kettlebell at the handle.
- Bring it to your shoulder and rotate your wrist as you move so that your palm faces up.
- Bend your knees and keep your upper body upright.
- Reverse direction with the heels, try and jump to create momentum.
- Press the kettlebell overhead. Todo so extend your arms by using your body force to push the weight
- Bring down the kettlebell to repeat again.
Squat and curl
When you’re performing squat and curl with kettlebell, make sure that you don’t go too low. Ensure that you can rest on your heels.
Keep your arms straight and lower the bell between your legs. Squeeze your biceps to curl the kettlebell to the starting position at your chest.
Steps for kettlebell squat and curly exercise
- Stand and open between your legs, make your toes to form 45 degree.
- Then, hold the handle of the kettlebell, pull it close to your chest height.
- Do as if you want to sit on the chair. Squat until your thighs are straight to the ground, then perform a biceps curl.
- Extend your legs to return to standing.
- When you do two squats, stand and perform two curls with the kettlebell.
- Try at least 5-10 squat and curl.
You can perform this movement with just a piece of a kettlebell. It’s one of the popular exercises that you can use equipment to perform for good results.
You can as well practice this movement on own your own easily too. Kettlebell swing trains the muscle on you back especially the hamstrings and glutes.
The kettlebell swing is essential for anyone that sits most of the time. The motion in the kettlebell swing improves the hips mobility.
It’ll strengthen your back and make you feel flexible, more especially when you’re performing this movement correctly.
Steps for kettlebell swing
- Open your feet and shoulder as you stand upright. Grab the handle of the kettlebell with your two hands.
- Bend your upper body to hinge at the hips, and then swing the kettlebell between your two legs.
- Look up as you swing it to chest height.
- You can repeat it 20 times.
Kettlebell movement is an effective workout to train your triceps. This movement helps you to press, straighten, and extend your arms and multiple muscles. It will as well improve your back, shoulder, chest, abs, and glutes.
Steps for triceps press
- Grab the handle of the kettlebell at the base with your two hands.
- Step your right leg forward and bent your knees slightly.
- Pull the kettlebell directly overhead.
- Ensure that your elbow is close to your ear, you can lower the kettlebell behind your head.
- Repeat this as many as you can.
Kettlebell clean is one of the necessary bases of a kettlebell workout. It’s practiced by moving the kettlebell with your hands from the floor up to the racked position at chest height.
To perform kettlebell clean movement well. You hav
As a beginner, you have to perform this movement correctly. This will help you not to probably overuse your biceps during this exercise.
As you clean with a kettlebell you are directly working your biceps. It’ll really improve your arms. Hold the kettlebell handle very tight to avoid falling from your hand.
Consequently, the kettlebell is one of the effective exercise equipment since it is portable and can be easily moved from one place to another. It is advisable to include the kettlebell movement as part of your exercise routine.